06/06/2018 - RAGU IS HERE
AN EASY & HEALTHY MEAL
Cateritaly has successfully produced the ideal quick dinner without losing on taste or health.
Meet our selection of meat ragu: Venison, Lamb and Bolognese.
How can it benefit YOU.
It’s a new product, ready to use and does not require you to add anything to it. It has a rich taste and its ideal for quick dinners with flavour, without losing the health benefits.
It’s long lasting: it has a 6 months shelf life when closed and will last in your fridge 5 days once opened.
It’s Dairy & Gluten Free!
What is Ragu?
Ragu is a “sugo” very loved and much used in Italian meals; it has vegetables, meat, herbs and tomatoes. It requires, as tradition calls, a long cooking time, to allow all flavours to blend together in a delicious and rich blend.
In Italy, you can find a large variety of ragu: with rabbit meat, wild boar, duck, venison, lamb and traditional (with beef and pork).
Our Bolognese ragu is the equivalent of the traditional ragu you would find in Italy, which is just referred to as “ragu” by Italians.
How do I use it?
Our production is ready to use, already cooked and with meat inside . You do not need to add anything. Simply reheat the ragu and pour it on your pasta, mix a bit, grate some Grana Padano or Parmesan cheese on top and that’s it, all done.
Cooking time? Only the ten minutes to cook pasta.
Enjoy at best with pasta ‘al dente’. (keep the cooking time one or two minutes behind).
How do I buy it?
At the moment, you can find it at the food assemblies (It’s an online portal for healthy foods, check it out!);
You can give us a call and order it directly for us;
You can meet us at farmers markets around town (Click Here where we will be next).
Possibility to purchase through the website is now available - go to the Deli section!
CATERITALY RAGU: INSTRUCTIONS - HOW TO USE -
Cateritaly ragu (Bolognese, Venison and Lamb) are extremely easy to use:
- Cook your pasta: in a deep pot put some water, three to five litres, depending on the quantity of pasta; the usual portion is 80 grams per person, in five litres of water you can cook up to 500 grams of pasta.
- Add salt: 10 grams per litre.
- When water is boiling, pour the pasta and cook according to the time written on the box, stirring a couple of time to keep the pasta well separated.
- When pasta is ready, drain it and keep it into the colander.
- Open the Cateritaly ragu jar, pour the content (or part of it) into the empty pasta pot, put it back on the hob to rehea the ragu for a minute
- Pour the pasta into the pot again and stir well, to coat all the pasta with the ragu.
- Add some parmesan cheese grated on top and serve: you can have restaurant quality spaghetti bolognese with no effort!!!
If you are using rice, the proceeding is the same.
Using a rice cooker, you can reheat ragu in a separate pan and then pour it on top of the rice.
If you prefer, it is possible to reheat ragu in a small pan while pasta is cooking. The jar’s content serves three portions.
Cateritaly’s ragu lasts six months in the larder, five days in the fridge after opening.